Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War

Line

  Scroll  
Scroll Scroll
  Scroll  


Flag

Preserving the Memory of the Grand Army of the Republic and our Ancestors who Fought to Preserve the Union 1861 - 1865

The Gov. Crapo (pronounced Cray'-po) Camp No. 145 of Flint is named for the Grand Army of the Republic Post of that name. The Gov. Crapo Post No 145 was chartered on June 7, 1883 and ceased to exist in April 1937.

The current Gov. Crapo Camp No. 145, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, was chartered on October 14, 1992, by the National Organization, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War. It meets every month, except July, August and December. More information about Camp meeting times, locations and activities can be found on our Events Calendar.

Camp Commander Dean Lamphere offers his warm invitation to visitors and fellow members of the Allied Orders to the Grand Army of the Republic who wish to attend.

The Camp supports a number of community projects designed to help preserve the memory of the Grand Army of the Republic and the history of the American Civil War. The members of the Camp are actively involved in graves registration, recording the names and locations of Civil War era Veterans in Genesee and Lapeer Counties in Michigan. Members of the Camp also participate in educational experiences appearing as guest speakers, assisting in the research of the American Civil War, and being involved in living history events. The Gov. Crapo Camp Guard participates in ceremonies that commemorate the sacrifices made by the veterans of the Union Army, Navy, Marines and Revenue Cutter Service during the Civil War.

PLEASE NOTE: Although having 501(c)(4) IRS Tax Exempt Status, donations to the Department of Michigan, Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, its Camps or Sons of Veterans Reserve Units operating within the Department of Michigan ARE NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE.

Flag